Sunday, April 7, 2013

Orly Nail Rescue - to the rescue.

                                         


I personally have extremely weak, brittle nails. They constantly break and bend so I usually wear acrylic nails because I cant grow mine out. Recently i took my acrylics off because I was getting sick of doing them. I was upset because I knew i was going to have to file my real nails down to nubs because they were going to be totally destroyed, which I absolutely did not want to do. I've tried pretty much every nail strengtheners I could get my hands on in the past and none have helped. I've found that gel polish does help to make them stronger but it is just so time consuming. That is when I came across Orly Nail Rescue. I was a bit hesitant to try it as I've had no success in the past with other products, but I decided to give it a try anyway.

All I can say is that this product is an absolute life saver. Not only does it help to repair nails if they have a crack or a chip in them, but it also makes the nail stronger. The instructions say to use it on the whole nail, but I only use it on the tips as not much is included in the package so I want to make it last awhile.  As you can see on the picture above the nail rescue kit contains a small bottle of nail glue (0.18 oz or 5 g as stated on the bottle), a small container with the nail repair powder (0.15 oz or 4.25 g), an instructions manual and a little pink buffer.

The instructions are really simple:


1. Brush the glue onto your nail, make sure not to put too much on or get it onto your skin.

2. Dip your finger into the powder QUICKLY as you do not want the glue to dry. I would suggest to have the lid already off before you put the glue on your nail.

3. There will be excess powder on your nail, just brush it off.

4. The nail will be uneven and bumpy but don't fret, the package comes with a nice little buffer that you use to make the nail smooth.

And voila! now your nail is fixed and is rock hard.




I highly suggest every nail enthusiast to own this product because everyone's nails will break at some time or another and this way you do not have to completely file the nail down. The process doesn't take long to do, but the product stays on your nail for a good amount of time. I've noticed that acetone wont even take it off. Eventually it will wear away though. I purchased this at Sally's Beauty Supply for $6.99 with my Sally's card, however you can find it online as well if you do not have a Sally's near you.

I'm very curious to hear about your experiences with this product so please leave me a comment and let me know how it went!

No comments:

Post a Comment